Areas of Service
Living in the Okanagan gives us the opportunity to assist the thriving microeconomics of our region with local support and legal knowledge. As professionals raising families in the Okanagan, we have a vested interest in the future of our community and care about the individuals that work hard to make a success of our industries and businesses. Did you know that small business employs over a million people in our province? With that much at stake, and so many new opportunities available, we encourage both pending and experienced entrepreneurs to secure the foundation of your business through law. We will guide you through every point of business development from your ideas to acquisitions and retirement phase-outs.
- Business Registrations and Incorporations
- Federal, Provincial, Extra-Provincial and Cross Border Incorporations, Corporate Agency
- Minute Book Maintenance, Annual Filings and Corporate Governance
- Registered Records Office
- Corporate Rollovers
Commercial Advisory Services
When you are ready to take the next step in business expansion, we are ready to help. We recommend appropriate legal advice at this point in your plan, as complexities may catch up with you in the future. Get the advice you need early. As members of the community, we are here to support you one-on-one with services ranging from business mergers to tax motivated transactions. Our experience is yours.
- Business Mergers, Acquisitions and Sales
- Business Formation, Limited Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and Bare Trusts
- Commercial Finance
- Corporate Restructuring, Amalgamations, Freezes and other Tax Motivated Transactions
- Financing Arrangements including all forms of Debt and Equity Transactions, Real Property and Personal, Property Security, Equipment Financing
- Partnership and Shareholder Agreements, Trusts, Holding Companies, Contracts, Leasing, Contractor Agreements, Escrow Agreements and Escrow Agent Service
We offer a full range of legal services to help entrepreneurs protect their business. You need protection for newly purchased assets and the ideas that come to light with business partners. E-commerce continues to trend with an increase in mobile shopping, and we offer consultations that develop this style of online business. We are involved with the Okanagan’s bustling skilled trades community by offering construction contracts and consulting agreements to facilitate smooth transactions. If you need legal services not listed here, please call us to discuss your options. We would love to work with you.
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- E-commerce, Internet and Website Agreements and Advice
- Consulting Agreements
- Due Diligence and Compliance Reviews
- Share and Asset Purchase Agreements
- Term Sheets and Letters of Intent
- Confidentiality, Non-Competition and Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Construction Contracts
Real Estate & Residential Property Transactions
Kelowna’s population is growing as families with school aged children and professionals move into the area. Our tech sector is attracting a growing number of skilled graduates, and this means an active residential real estate market. Lake Country and the Upper Mission region of Kelowna are the fastest growing communities with new home construction reaching all time highs. Are you new to the community or thinking of selling your home? We handle residential property transactions, including mortgage financing and lease negotiations so you can move into your new home stress free and enjoy your new community.
- Residential Home Purchases and Sales
- Condominium Purchases and Sales
- Leased Land Transactions
- Mortgage Financing
- New Home Construction
- First Nations Residential Land Transactions
Real Estate & Commercial Property Transactions
We handle transactions for commercial property owners, whether developing the land for agriculture or urban expansion. When you are ready to secure the property assets for your new business venture, call us for a consultation and we will work with you through the detailed leasing and financing process. Real estate transactions and land development is part of the legal expertise that we provide.
- Commercial Purchases and Sales
- Commercial Financing and Mortgages
- Commercial Leasing
- Construction Financing
- Land Development
- Condominium Developments
- Agricultural Land Purchases and Sales
- Agricultural Financing and Mortgages
Real Estate Development Services
Real estate development can be complex when dealing with municipal planners, infrastructure and the legal rights of surrounding landowners. If you are a property developer, let us assist you with the statements, applications and amendments needed for you to accomplish your goals. Partnerships need legal joint venture agreements and disclosures for the protection of all parties involved. We are experienced in matters involving real estate development and planning, and invite you to give us a call to get your project started.
- Property Acquisition
- Preliminary Layout Approvals
- Easements and Rights of Way
- Real Estate Disclosure Statements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Subdivision and Rezoning Applications
- Strata Lot Developments
- Strata Plan Registration and Strata Plan Amendment
Wills, Estates and Trust Services
- Wills – Making a will is important to ensure that your wishes are carried out by law. If you die without a will, the government distributes your estate according to provincial law.
- Powers of Attorney – This is protection for you in the event that you become unable to make important legal and financial decisions while you are alive.
- Representation Agreements – This is your appointment of a trusted person to make health care decisions for you if you are unable to because of mental or physical disability.
- Trusts – These are established to preserve assets for a specific purpose such as educating children or caring for someone with special needs or for tax planning purposes. Trusts are created in a way that is tax effective and that ensure funds are protected for the intended purpose.
- Business Owners – We work closely with owners of businesses of all sizes to develop tax effective succession plans that meet their objectives.
- Planned Giving – Clients often include a charitable aspect to their estate plan. We help by ensuring that the format achieves the clients’ personal and tax objectives.
503-3320 Richter Street Kelowna, British Columbia Canada V1W 4V5
Martin J. Russell
503-3320 Richter Street
Kelowna, British Columbia
Canada V1W 4V5
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday -- 8:00am to 4:00pm
Closed for lunch from 12:30-1:30pm